Monday, August 3, 2009

Flash FUN Warning

I know...too cheesy.  I just had to do it.  So last night during the downpour ofthe century (literally), my 15 year-old, rain-loving sister went running through the house in her swimsuit, yelling at me to go with her.  Obviously, in the spirit of trying new things, I accepted and left no time to change out of my all-cotton-very-absorbent outfit.  I hesitantly lingered on the porch for a couple minutes before running into the front yard, feeling like I was "constantly being splashed in the face", which I would typically find extremely annoying. BUT, I kept an open mind this time and realized how refreshing it can feel to be outside during a summer rain.  I almost forgot about how worried I was about getting dirty or breaking a bone or creating an indoor flood when I went back in the house, soaking wet.  Moral of the story:  If you ever find yourself frowning at the rain outside, I would highly recommend that you get over it and quickly find the nearest door.  It will be worth it, I promise.  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment