Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jim Gaffigan...I am a fan


This may not technically count as trying something new.  But I'm qualifying it.  I don't usually like comedians and I like Jimbo, so I would consider this a new experience....I actually, embarrassingly, catch myself laughing out loud alone while watching him. Jim Gaffigan....hmmm....he is a difficult and very complex man to explain.  I think I'll do it through sharing some of my favorite JG (yes, he has been given a nickname) quotes.

Number 1: "I do feel guilty at checkout when they’re bagging all my groceries. Talk about feeling lazy. Hey, thanks for putting my groceries in my bag. Yeah I could help, but I’ll just watch. I’m exhausted from picking that crap out. You wanna come home and watch me eat ‘em? I’m lookin’ for a buddy." (It's true, BUT it's their job, so I personally don't feel bad, sorry)

Number 2: "But in Indiana it's not like New York where everyone's like, 'We're from New York and we're the best or 'We're from Texas and we like things big' it's more like 'We're from Indiana and we're gonna move." (I feel the same about Missouri)

The hot pockets segment is probably his most popular, but I actually didn't find a lot of it funny...mostly just disgusting.  But I did laugh at this line: 
Number 3: "I was looking at a box of hot pockets and they have a warning on the side. It's like 'Warning! You just bought Hot Pockets! Hope you're drunk or heading home to a trailer! You hillbilly enjoy the next NASCAR event!'" 

I would highly recommend that anyone who has not done so, check him out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJCIbC9sxA

You might be surprised, even if you aren't the TV-comedian type.


No comments:

Post a Comment